August 23, 2006
Beloit College has released its annual list offering an ingishtful and humorous look at the attitudes, mindset, and life experiences of this fall's entering class of college freshmen.
A few that stood out for me are:
• The Soviet Union has never existed and therefore is about as scary as the student union.
• They have never heard anyone actually "ring it up" on a cash register.
• Phantom of the Opera has always been on Broadway.
• Reality shows have always been on television.
• They have no idea why we needed to ask "...can we all get along?"
• They have always preferred going out in groups as opposed to dating.
• They never saw Bernard Shaw on CNN.
• Television stations have never concluded the broadcast day with the national anthem.