Beloit College has released its annual list offering an ingishtful and humorous look at the attitudes, mindset, and life experiences of this fall's entering class of college freshmen.
A few that stood out for me are:
• The Soviet Union has never existed and therefore is about as scary as the student union.
• They have never heard anyone actually "ring it up" on a cash register.
• Phantom of the Opera has always been on Broadway.
• Reality shows have always been on television.
• They have no idea why we needed to ask "...can we all get along?"
• They have always preferred going out in groups as opposed to dating.
• They never saw Bernard Shaw on CNN.
• Television stations have never concluded the broadcast day with the national anthem.