- Individuals not normally in the spotlight get to share their talents.
- People who might toil in obscurity in their discipline finally get a chance to compete with others.
- The concentrated time period focuses attention and energy.
- The opening and closing ceremonies challenge artistic creativity.
- They are inclusive yet still build hometown and national pride.
- They give people a reason to train ... and train hard for an extended period of time.
- Each has its own rhythm, but shares ritualistic elements that span decades.
- Having different host cities shifts attention to different locations and introduces us to them.
Why aren't you creating it?