What we don't hear enough about are people who macro-manage. These individuals help their colleagues:
- See how their work is connected to the organization's long-term strategy.
- Connect today's efforts to tomorrow's results.
- Understand the purpose and intention behind actions, imbuing them with more meaning and relevance.
- Expand their awareness of external trends and opportunities with implications for their efforts.
- Think more critically about their efforts and make better decisions.
- Challenge themselves to better leverage their strengths and grow their capabilities.
- Envision alternatives when their thinking becomes too limiting.
- Have greater patience and persistence when immediate satisfaction is not possible.
Have you prepared yourself to do so?