What if associations created an equivalent of Groupon for their members, either as an exclusive sponsor benefit or a standard benefit for companies becoming a business partner/associate member? While a daily discount may not be possible depending on your number of business partners or sponsors, perhaps a weekly special offering? Or maybe a daily offering occurs in the weeks preceding or following the big event(s) for which you've recruited sponsors.
- Each day we feature something cool to do at an unbeatable price.
- You only get it if enough people join that day… so invite your friends!
- Check back the next day for another awesome Groupon!
- Members could opt-in to receive the special offers, so that's a nice benefit for businesses who don't want to be spamming an association's members with unsolicited advertisements.
- The limited time nature of the offerings could create a bit of buzz; i.e., people Tweeting and talking about that great offer from ABC this week.
- Limiting the deal/discount to a time only when sufficient member participation is met is a low-risk way for business partners to test your market.
- It could appeal to business partners that might not sell their products or services the same way the majority of your associate members do, opening up a new value pipeline for them.