I want ASAE to fail.
To try a new program or service and have it flame out spectacularly.
Or incorporate a completely new element into an existing initiative and have a large percentage of the membership go, "huh?"
- We need more conversations to be convened;
- We need more catalysts for commitments to be unleashed; and
- We need more role modeling of capital letter Experimentation.
- Maybe we as a community need to all come out in favor of failure.
- Maybe we need to express the experiments we’d most like to see happen.
- Maybe we need to say “here’s something we’d love to try in our own organization, but are afraid to do so. Would you try it for us?”
The real irony is that 1575 I Street is not ASAE. We are. And if we the member community don't invite, cajole, or demand bigger and bolder experimentation from the staff and volunteers who help lead us, we are the ones who ultimately will fail.