- Who is here and what do we need to know about each other in order to work together effectively?
- What is our work and what is each entity uniquely positioned to do?
- What must occur in order for every individual to “own” the plan, support its strategy, and leverage the contributions they are uniquely positioned to make?
- What contributions are required from individuals and what support do they need in order to be successful?
- What should meetings look like and what communications needs to occur before/between them in order for us to be successful?
- What commitments do we make to each other moving forward and what actions will each entity be taking?
So the next time you go to design the outline and content flow for an event you are facilitating, try thinking in terms of both outcome and output. It may help you shape a more powerful learning and community-building experience.