- Introduce the discussion question or sharing topic.
- Ask people to take a minute or two to jot down their own thoughts.
- Now invite them to pair up and take turns sharing.
- I articulated my best thinking to my partner.
- I remained engaged as an active listener for my partner.
Facilitation Friday is a weekly series exploring the work of effective facilitation. Your comments about this post are encouraged, as well as requests for future post's topics. To find previous posts in this series, simply search for the label: facilitationfriday.
If you'd like a custom facilitation skills workshop (90-minute, half-day, whole day) for your organization, please complete this form: http://jotform.us/form/31734858636162